I agree with WCB. The logic of Scott Mendelson is a little off. If the media would believe have us believe that the (white) majority of America is racist and sexist, why did Solo fail at the box office? Perhaps the reasons behind Solo's poor debut is due to a complication of many factors -... Continue Reading →
-Dawkins, Richard Dawkins event cancelled over his 'abusive speech against Islam'.
TEN HOURS of rainy day ambient Skyrim music perfect for getting you in the zone of studying! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmMmDJPeEc&t=12472s
Recently, there has been an academic and social backlash towards the elitism of the scientific community as new slogans have arisen. "Science is a construct", taken at face value, is one of those popular buzzwords that should - and must - be brought into question. A better statement to theorize is: the trajectory of current... Continue Reading →
As I’ve started to shift gears to reading more books than comic books, I’ve come across something (a phenomenon?) called BookTube.
BookTube is not a separate site. From what I can tell it’s all on YouTube. Unsurprisingly, the people apart of this digital subculture refer to themselves as BookTubers.
So what does a BookTuber do? This is what I’ve witnessed:
- They talk about the books that they have read
- Sometimes this all the books they have read for the month
- Sometimes one post is dedicated to a single book
- Sometimes its a themes like: Great Sci-Fi Novels, or My Least Favorite Popular Books
- They create and participate in Tags
- It’s basically a questionnaire that they respond to in a video.
- They do bookshelf tours
- They review their book hauls
- They offer advise for new BookTubers
- They spend a lot of time editing (ok, I haven’t witnessed this, but it seems…
View original post 361 more words
-Pinker, Steven Pinker: ‘The way to deal with pollution is not to rail against consumption’ (Anthony).