As I’ve started to shift gears to reading more books than comic books, I’ve come across something (a phenomenon?) called BookTube.
BookTube is not a separate site. From what I can tell it’s all on YouTube. Unsurprisingly, the people apart of this digital subculture refer to themselves as BookTubers.
So what does a BookTuber do? This is what I’ve witnessed:
- They talk about the books that they have read
- Sometimes this all the books they have read for the month
- Sometimes one post is dedicated to a single book
- Sometimes its a themes like: Great Sci-Fi Novels, or My Least Favorite Popular Books
- They create and participate in Tags
- It’s basically a questionnaire that they respond to in a video.
- They do bookshelf tours
- They review their book hauls
- They offer advise for new BookTubers
- They spend a lot of time editing (ok, I haven’t witnessed this, but it seems…
View original post 361 more words